The ideal candidate will engineer new capabilities for package and board level design and assembly from prototype to volume manufacturing. The Lead Hardware Engineer plans and conducts hardware and system design, manufacturing and testing requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. This will include board design, package design, materials and component selection, test methodologies, design for manufacturing, and yield/throughput optimization. This role includes customer technical communication. The position may include technical project management and/or provide project oversight of hardware and software engineering team members. The position has the potential for future technology program management.
- Package and Board development including flexible circuit board (FCB) systems using state-of-the-art ultra-thin flexible ICs
- Design and development of SoP WLCSP for customer ICs
- Hardware engineering support for all areas of design, packaging, assembly and test
- Leading level 1-3 engineers or technicians directly as a group-wide subject matter expert
- Technical and project documentation creation, maintenance and reporting as necessary
- Experience in PCB/FCB system design, layout and evaluation
- Mixed-signal and/or RF product design, layout and testing ability
- Hands on experience in design and hardware verification using automated waferscale probe, logic analyzers, bus analyzers and digital scopes, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and planning skills
Current or former lead engineer of a group. Mixed-signal and/or RF hardware experience or related academic course work is mandatory. Traditional or flexible circuit board design experience desired. This position requires an experienced hardware engineer interested in a broad spectrum of IC packaging, assembly and test activities.
Pro-active, innovative and energetic. Must have a can-do attitude, hands-on and able to multi-task. Good written and oral communication skills are a requirement for both team leadership and customer-facing communication. Aptitude and ability to make things is highly valued, and can be evidenced by work or non-work experience related to electronics, computer, electrical, hardware fabrication or mechanics.
Education and Experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related degree with 7 years of related experience.
Salary is based on the level of applicable education and experience. This position may include significant stock options for participation in the growth of the company. Medical benefits are part of the total compensation package.
Future advancement in all corporate areas is possible.
U.S. Work Status
Only local candidates (Boise, Idaho) or those willing to relocate at their own expense will be considered. Due to the nature of our work, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.